Nikon’s mirrorless system and COOLPIX P1000 win at the 2019 iF Design Awards
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 25th February 2019: Nikon is pleased to announce that its mirrorless system and COOLPIX P1000 digital camera have received iF Design Awards within the product discipline.
The globally prestigious iF Design Awards, sponsored by iF International Forum Design GmbH, recognise expertise in product, communication and packaging. This year, over 6,375 entries from 52 countries were evaluated by a panel of 67 renowned design specialists. Entries were assessed based on innovation, functionality, aesthetics, responsibility and positioning.
Nikon’s mirrorless system
Nikon’s revolutionary mirrorless system is built around the world’s widest lens mount¹, which enables users to capture more light and ground-breaking levels of optical performance.
The system is comprised of two mirrorless cameras - the Z 7 and Z 6 - which feature the new, larger-diameter mount, complimented by S-line NIKKOR Z lenses. Fast, sharp and quiet, these superior lenses take in more light across the frame to deliver outstanding levels of detail, all the way to the edge. The FTZ Mount Adapter completes the set, which allows the Z cameras to be used with existing F-mount NIKKOR lenses.
¹ As of August 23 2018
Nikon’s COOLPIX P1000 super-telephoto digital camera boasts the world’s biggest 125x optical zoom. And with a focal-length range of 24–3000mm, users can capture sharp photos and videos no matter how far away the subject is. Its bright f/2.8-8 NIKKOR lens and 16 MP sensor contribute to a revolutionary system perfect for sports, wildlife and travel photographers.
Please visit the iF Design Awards website for more information: https://ifworlddesignguide.com/our-awards/professional-awards/if-design-award-2019
- NIKON DEVELOPS NEW HIGH-POWER Z SERIES ZOOM LENS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES THE NIKON Z fc MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judges for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021 Competition
- Nikon to expand its Z mount lens range with the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
- Reveal the beauty you see with the first Z series macro lenses
- Nine Nikon products receive the ‘Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021’
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses
- NIKON JOINS CIWEM & WATERBEAR TO LAUNCH ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE FLAGSHIP Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- NIKON RELEASES NEW SOFTWARE FOR SEAMLESS VIEWING AND EDITING OF IMAGES AND VIDEOS