If the ability to live stream is what you’re looking for, your Nikon camera may already be equipped with features that will allow it to be connected for high quality video streaming through software and/or hardware.
Download and install the Nikon Webcam Utility update on a compatible Nikon mirrorless or DSLR camera for incredible sharpness, clarity, and depth of field while live streaming. From teleconferencing to gaming, you can take your live streaming to next level.
Take advantage of the high-quality optics and imaging found in Nikon mirrorless and DSLR cameras and look your best on-camera. You can ensure your stream is a level above the rest; whether you want better quality in difficult lighting, shallow depth-of-field, variety in lens focal lengths or greater control over the look of your content, you’ll be well on your way after following the below steps.
• Nikon Z series mirrorless camera or compatible* DSLR
• USB cable (provided with your Nikon camera)
• Nikon Webcam Utility
• Compatible video conferencing software
• Fully charged camera battery or AC power adapter
* Supported digital cameras: Z 7, Z 6, Z 5, Z 50, D6, D850, D780, D500, D7500, and D5600.
Ideal for those seeking a high-quality video stream with a simple set up and no additional hardware.
1. Download and install the Nikon Webcam Utility.
2. Connect your Nikon camera to your computer using the USB cable that was included with your camera.
3. If you’re using an external mic such as the Nikon ME-1, etc., plug it into the computer’s mic port.
4. Open any one of the compatible video conferencing software (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Facebook Messenger and Skype).
Note: Third-party software may incur a charge from the software manufacturer.
Note: There is no audio feed coming from the camera since it is using a USB connection.