NIKON DEVELOPS NEW SOFTWARE WHICH ENABLES USERS TO TURN THEIR CAMERA INTO A FULLY FUNCTIONING WEBCAM
The new development will be available for free to Nikon users
London, United Kingom, 21st July 2020: Today Nikon is pleased to announce plans to release the beta version of Webcam Utility – software that allows Nikon mirrorless or digital SLR cameras to be used as a webcam. The software, which is compatible with Windows computers, will be released in early August 2020.
In response to the rise in demand for webcams, as working from home and virtual meetings become increasingly common, Webcam Utility (beta version) has been developed to enable Nikon shooters to use their existing mirrorless or digital SLR camera as a webcam. Users simply need to install the Webcam Utility (beta version) software to a computer and connect the compatible Nikon camera body via a USB cable. They are then able to take advantage of the superior image quality of their Nikon camera and use it as a webcam.
Windows 10 (64-bit)
Z 7, Z 6, Z 5, Z 50, D6, D850, D780, D500, D7500, D5600
Future Nikon mirrorless and digital SLR cameras are also scheduled to be compatible with this new software.
• This new software application is still in the beta stage of development. Functions may be added or changed, or the service may be terminated, without prior notice.
• Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
• Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judges for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021 Competition
- Nikon to expand its Z mount lens range with the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
- Reveal the beauty you see with the first Z series macro lenses
- Nine Nikon products receive the ‘Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021’
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses
- NIKON JOINS CIWEM & WATERBEAR TO LAUNCH ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE FLAGSHIP Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- NIKON RELEASES NEW SOFTWARE FOR SEAMLESS VIEWING AND EDITING OF IMAGES AND VIDEOS
- NIKON INTRODUCES THE LASER 50 AND LASER 30 LASER RANGEFINDERS
- NIKON RELEASES SOFTWARE THAT ALLOWS NIKON CAMERAS TO FUNCTION AS HIGH-QUALITY WEBCAMS