IMPROVE YOUR GOLF GAME WITH THE NEW COOLSHOT 40i GII LASER RANGEFINDER
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2 September 2020: Today Nikon releases the COOLSHOT 40i GII laser rangefinder for golfers, an upgrade to the COOLSHOT 40i.
The COOLSHOT 40i GII gives golfers the edge with a much greater maximum measurement range of 7.5-1,460 m, to improve ease of measurement to the flagstick. LOCKED ON technology offers certainty that measurement is to the flagstick itself, and not the background.
This laser rangefinder is designed for use in regular play and official competitions, as the COOLSHOT 40i GII has two measurement modes: Golf mode (slope-adjusted distance and actual distance) and Actual distance mode (actual distance only). Switching between them is simple, with just the touch of a button. When playing in a tournament, officials can clearly see the Actual Distance Indicator LED lamp blinking, to show that Incline/Decline measurement is not in use.
For normal play, Golf mode’s slope-adjusted distance measurement helps to improve performance on courses where uphill and downhill features make it difficult to judge distance. HYPER READ technology gives instant distance measurement in approximately 0.3 seconds, while a compact and lightweight body ensures comfortable use for long days on the course.
The new COOLSHOT 40i GII is the ideal choice for golfers who want to sharpen up their game.
*When intending to use a COOLSHOT in an official competition, make sure to check the local rules in advance.
• Measurement range: 7.5-1,460 m/8-1,600 yd.
• LOCKED ON Technology*: LOCKED ON sign informs you of the distance to the closest subject. When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance to the closest subject is displayed with a LOCKED ON sign in the viewfinder. For example, on a golf course, it is clearly visible that the distance to the flagstick has been measured, even with trees in the background.
• Quick and stable measurement response regardless of distance — HYPER READ.
• Displays the measurement result in approx. 0.3 second.
• Golf mode displays the slope-adjusted distance (Horizontal distance ± Height) which is a guide to how far you should hit the ball and useful when golfing on an uphill/downhill course — ID (incline/decline) Technology.
• Two measurement display modes: Actual distance mode and Golf mode (slope-adjusted distance and actual distance mode) are employed. Switching between the two modes can be achieved easily with a single press of the button. Actual distance mode can be used for official golf competitions, and Golf mode displays a guide distance of how far to hit the ball.
• Actual Distance Indicator is employed to indicate that the Incline/Decline measurement function (ID Technology) is not being utilised. When using Actual distance mode, the indicator blinks in green while power is on. Non-use of the Incline/Decline measurement function (ID Technology) can be confirmed by observers easily.
• First Target Priority mode is employed. When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance of the closest subject is displayed — useful when golfing for measuring the distance to a flagstick on a green with woods in the background.
• Single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds).
• High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating for bright, clear images.
• Large ocular for easy viewing (18mm).
• Long eye relief design affords eyeglass wearers easy viewing.
• Rainproof — JIS/IEC protection class 4 (IPX4) equivalent (under Nikon’s testing conditions).
* Single measurements: When measuring overlapping subjects and the distance to the closest subject is displayed, the LOCKED ON sign appears.
* Continuous measurement: When displayed figures shift to a closer subject, the LOCKED ON sign appears.
- NIKON REVISITS ICONIC CAMERA AND LENS WITH EXPANDING MIRRORLESS COLLECTION
- NIKON RELEASES THE REMOTE GRIP MC-N10 FOR VIDEOGRAPHERS
- THE NIKKOR Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S PROFESSIONAL SUPER-TELEPHOTO LENS
- NIKON RELEASES FIRMWARE VERSION 3.00 FOR THE NIKON Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- NIKON ANNOUNCES ENTRY DATE FOR THE 39TH ANNUAL NIKON PHOTO CONTEST
- NIKON TO EXHIBIT NEW Z 9 TECHNOLOGY AT ADOBE MAX 2022 CONFERENCE
- JOURNEY WIDE WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 17-28MM f/2.8
- NIKON IMPRESSES WITH FOUR EISA AWARD WINS
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judging Panel for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2022
- Nikon partners with CIWEM and WaterBear to present the Environmental Photographer of the Year 2022