Nikon is developing the NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S super-telephoto prime lens with a built-in 1.4x teleconverter for the Nikon Z mount system
London, United Kingdom, 28th October 2021: Nikon is pleased to announce the development of the NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S super-telephoto prime lens for full-frame (Nikon FX-format) mirrorless cameras, for which the Nikon Z mount has been adopted.
The NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S, the first NIKKOR Z super-telephoto prime lens, belongs to the S-Line of NIKKOR Z lenses, which pursues the ultimate in optical performance. The NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S promises realistic and outstanding images by achieving beautiful bokeh and high-resolution.
The lens will feature a built-in 1.4x teleconverter and a new coating that delivers the highest anti-reflection performance in NIKKOR history. With superb operability and a design that supports video recording, the NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S will support the creative imaging expression of professional photographers.
Nikon will continue to pursue a new dimension in optical performance while meeting users’ needs, contributing to the development of imaging culture, with the hope of expanding possibilities for imaging expression.
Nikon is a world-leading provider of imaging products and services. Its innovative optics technology—from consumer to professional cameras, lenses to system accessories—is powered by over 100 years of experience. The brand is globally recognised for setting new standards in design and performance, with Nikon’s revolutionary Z series mirrorless cameras and NIKKOR Z lenses representing a new dimension of optical performance.
Nikon is committed to leading imaging culture and enables some of the world’s best visual artists to reach their creative potential through visual storytelling. Its award-winning equipment empowers photographers and videographers to realise their creative vision at the highest level.
As a trusted visionary partner, it unites all levels of content creators through its engaged community, unrivalled technical expertise, and access to educational resources, via initiatives such as The Nikon School.
- NIKON REVISITS ICONIC CAMERA AND LENS WITH EXPANDING MIRRORLESS COLLECTION
- NIKON RELEASES THE REMOTE GRIP MC-N10 FOR VIDEOGRAPHERS
- THE NIKKOR Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S PROFESSIONAL SUPER-TELEPHOTO LENS
- NIKON RELEASES FIRMWARE VERSION 3.00 FOR THE NIKON Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- NIKON ANNOUNCES ENTRY DATE FOR THE 39TH ANNUAL NIKON PHOTO CONTEST
- NIKON TO EXHIBIT NEW Z 9 TECHNOLOGY AT ADOBE MAX 2022 CONFERENCE
- JOURNEY WIDE WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 17-28MM f/2.8
- NIKON IMPRESSES WITH FOUR EISA AWARD WINS
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judging Panel for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2022
- Nikon partners with CIWEM and WaterBear to present the Environmental Photographer of the Year 2022