NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE D6 AND AF-S NIKKOR 120-300MM F/2.8E FL ED SR VR LENS
London, United Kingdom, 4th September 2019: Nikon is proud to announce the development of the Nikon D6 professional digital SLR camera and the AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR telephoto zoom lens, compatible with Nikon FX format cameras.
The development of the D6 – Nikon’s most advanced digital SLR to date – marks the 20th anniversary of the single-digit D-series. Since the launch of the D1 in 1999, Nikon's flagship cameras have evolved with the industry's most advanced technologies and the imaging know-how cultivated over Nikon's long history in camera development. Like its predecessors, the development of the D6 responds to the strict demands of professional photographers with the ultimate in performance, even in the most severe conditions.
Nikon is also announcing the development of the new AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR lens, as it celebrates the 60th anniversary of the Nikon F mount adopted for the D-series. The new telephoto zoom lens will provide professional photographers, in fields such as sports photography, with even greater support.
The new product developments demonstrate Nikon’s commitment to expanding the possibilities for imaging expression, while leading the way in imaging culture with both digital SLR and mirrorless camera systems, alongside a rich lineup of lenses.
* Details including release dates and retail prices for these products will be announced at a later date.
- Nikon releases the NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2, a compact and lightweight prime lens for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON SCOOPS FOUR WINS AT THE 2021-2022 EISA AWARDS
- NIKON LAUNCHES THREE NEW RANGEFINDERS TO TAKE YOUR GOLF GAME TO THE NEXT LEVEL
- NIKON DEVELOPS NEW HIGH-POWER Z SERIES ZOOM LENS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES THE NIKON Z fc MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judges for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021 Competition
- Nikon to expand its Z mount lens range with the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
- Reveal the beauty you see with the first Z series macro lenses
- Nine Nikon products receive the ‘Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021’
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses