TOTAL PRODUCTION OF NIKKOR LENSES FOR INTERCHANGEABLE LENS CAMERAS REACHES 110 MILLION
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 20th November 2018: Nikon today announces that the total production of NIKKOR lenses for its interchangeable lens cameras has reached 110 million* as of October of 2018.
While Nikon has produced NIKKOR F lenses for SLR cameras since 1959, earlier this year it introduced the new NIKKOR Z lenses for mirrorless cameras to further enrich the NIKKOR lens line-up.
Nikon will continue to lead imaging culture by providing products that stimulate the creative intent of photographers around the world, while responding to the latest advances in imaging technologies.
The NIKKOR brand
NIKKOR is Nikon's brand of photographic lenses. Currently, Nikon offers NIKKOR F lenses for digital SLR cameras, and NIKKOR Z lenses for mirrorless cameras. The full line-up currently consists of approximately 100 types of lenses that support a wide variety of applications, including fixed focal length (prime) lenses and zoom lenses that cover ultra-wide-angle to super-telephoto angles of view, fisheye lenses, and Micro lenses.
Since the initial introduction in 1959, NIKKOR F lenses have incorporated the cutting-edge technologies of the time, with features such as aperture control, autofocus, and vibration reduction (VR). The new, larger-diameter mount of the Nikon mirrorless cameras has unlocked further possibilities in lens design and increase capabilities in optical performance with its NIKKOR Z lenses. The variety of high-performance lenses on offer includes the fastest lens in Nikon history**, with f/0.95.
* Total number of interchangeable lenses for SLR and mirrorless cameras produced by Nikon.
** Among interchangeable lenses for Nikon cameras.
- NIKON DEVELOPS NEW HIGH-POWER Z SERIES ZOOM LENS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES THE NIKON Z fc MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judges for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021 Competition
- Nikon to expand its Z mount lens range with the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
- Reveal the beauty you see with the first Z series macro lenses
- Nine Nikon products receive the ‘Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021’
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses
- NIKON JOINS CIWEM & WATERBEAR TO LAUNCH ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE FLAGSHIP Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- NIKON RELEASES NEW SOFTWARE FOR SEAMLESS VIEWING AND EDITING OF IMAGES AND VIDEOS